Join WEST and learn the skills to become employed in the minerals and natural resources industries.
This 40-day training program will build your skill-set through hands-on training delivered in a work-based environment.
- Mining Exploration Field Skills
- Natural Resources Field Skills
- Cultural Resource Management
- Job Maintenance and Workplace Effectiveness
- Occupational First Aid Level 1
- Transportation Endorsement
- Bear Awareness Training
- S-100 Fire Suppression
- H2S Alive
- Chainsaw Safety
The WEST program is a golden opportunity for participants to obtain field skills and training in order to enhance employability in the minerals and natural resources industry.
The WEST program is available upon demand.
Good health and physical fitness are mandatory. Students will take field trips that include hikes of up to 10 kilometres over steep terrain.