Northwest Community College (NWCC), Prince Rupert campus, invites applications for a regular continuing part-time (50%) Accounting Instructor in our Business Administration (BADM) program commencing September 1, 2017. Salary will be in accordance with the BCGEU Instructor salary scale.
Duties: Teaching, course preparation, evaluation of student work, along with other functions related to instructing five Accounting-related courses per year. Courses can include first year and/or second year Accounting, Math, and Taxation. Instruction occurs at the Prince Rupert campus (face-to-face) and is video-conferenced to students around the region. However, the opportunity to take classes into the field are available.
NWCC has a rich tradition of taking traditional courses and teaching them outside the classroom (https://www.nwcc.bc.ca/field-schools) and our Business Administration program is a keen partner in this adventurous, transformative learning.
- A Bachelor's degree (Master’s degree preferred) in a closely related discipline to Accounting along with a professional designation
- Additional post-secondary education in education or teaching, (e.g. A Master’s Degree in Adult Education, a Provincial Teaching Certificate or, a Provincial Instructor's Diploma)
- Experience with First Nations organizations and thorough familiarity with contemporary First Nations issues
- Applicants who can embrace the characteristics of our strategic plan (adventurous, transformative, and integrity) and apply them to their teaching are strongly preferred
- An equivalent combination of experience and education may be considered.
The successful applicant will possess a broad range of content knowledge, confidence and experience in the subject areas. As a team player and learner-centered instructor, experience should demonstrate excellent group facilitation, communication and interpersonal skills. Commitment to student success and awareness of the barriers the students may face is required, along with a demonstrated ability to foster a motivational learning.
Respond in confidence by submitting a cover letter and a current resume and quoting competition #17.087B to:
Northwest Community College, Human Resources Department
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or FAX: 250.638.5475
NWCC provides quality learning experiences that help prepare our students for successful, positive futures. We celebrate the diversity of our northern and First Nations populations and reflect this diversity in our programs, services and workforce. In accordance with NWCC’s strategic plan, we encourage applications from First Nations individuals.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.