Northwest Community College (NWCC), Terrace Campus, invites applications for an auxiliary on-call Bookstore Assistant commencing August 21, 2017 and ending April 27, 2018. Salary will be in accordance with the BCGEU Support Staff Salary Scale, Level 5.
Duties: Under the supervision of the College Bookstore Coordinator, provide sales and service to faculty, staff, students and other customers of the Bookstore.
Duties will include:
- Stocking merchandise and shipping and receiving
- Operating cash register and debit machine for sales of books and merchandise
- Maintaining security of bookstore documentation, cash floats, receipts and merchandise
- Interacting with customers in a manner that provides positive customer experiences
- Other duties as assigned
Experience includes two years in retail sales along with Grade 12 or equivalent.
Required skills and abilities include:
- Ability to lift and carry items weighing up to 40 lbs
- Demonstrated customer service excellence
- Detail-oriented with the ability to manage tight deadlines despite frequent interruptions
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, be self-directed and work with minimal supervision
- Strong communication, organization, and team-oriented skills
Respond in confidence by submitting a cover letter and current resume and quoting competition #17.154B to:
Northwest Community College, Human Resources Department
Email: email@example.com or FAX: 250.638.5475
NWCC provides quality learning experiences that help prepare our students for successful, positive futures. We celebrate the diversity of our northern and First Nations populations and reflect this diversity in our programs, services and workforce. In accordance with NWCC’s strategic plan, we encourage applications from First Nations individuals.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.