Northwest Community College (NWCC), Terrace campus, invites applications for an auxiliary on-call HRES Advisor commencing as soon as possible. Salary will be in accordance with the BCGEU Support Staff Scale, Level 8 (under review).
Responsibilities: This position will provide back-up coverage in the absence of the regular HRES Advisor as well as provide assistance during peak times. The primary focus of the HRES Advisor is coordinating all facets of employee hiring, selection, and onboarding activities.
Tasks will include:
- Prepare postings to college standards ensuring compliance with collective agreements and employment legislation
- Receive applications, field enquiries from applicants, and distribute application packages to selection committees
- Provide advice and assistance to selection committees as required
- Review all hiring documents ensuring accuracy and produce appointment letters
- Oversee new employee orientation and onboarding
- Receive and track all employee attendance records
- Assists with arranging and supporting special events
- Receive, code, and submit expense claims for payment
- Other related duties of similar scope and complexity as required
A diploma in Business Administration or Human Resources (Bachelor degree preferred) along with a minimum of two years recent experience in Human Resources preferably in a unionized environment. A CPHR designation is an asset. An equivalent combination of education and office experience may be considered. Required knowledge, skills and abilities include:
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of MS Office, e-mail and internet (experience with Colleague is an asset) with a minimum typing speed of 50 net words per minute
- Demonstrated ability to exercise initiative and work with discretion
- Ability to perform duties in a confidential manner with minimal supervision
- Thorough knowledge of business English and proper formatting of records
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the demonstrated ability to work collaboratively
- Detail-oriented with excellent proof-reading skills and the demonstrated ability to work efficiently under pressure of deadlines despite frequent interruptions
Respond in confidence by submitting a cover letter and a current resume and quoting competition #18.020B to:
Northwest Community College, Human Resources Department
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or FAX: 250.638.5475
NWCC provides quality learning experiences that help prepare our students for successful, positive futures. We celebrate the diversity of our northern and First Nations populations and reflect this diversity in our programs, services and workforce. In accordance with NWCC’s strategic plan, we encourage applications from First Nations individuals.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.