Northwest Community College (NWCC), Haida Gwaii, invites for an auxiliary on-call Labourer/Driver. This appointment will commence as soon as possible and end June 30, 2017 for up to 5 days per week. Salary will be in accordance with the BCGEU Support Staff Scale, Labourer rate.
Duties: Transporting, cleaning and preparing the instructor accommodation trailer to different locations depending on the programming.
Tasks will include but are not limited to:
- Operating and driving truck and trailer to various locations, ensuring safety and security
- Perform pre-trip, en route and post-trip inspection and oversee all aspects of vehicle (i.e. condition of truck/trailer, inspect tires, lights, brakes, etc.)
- Trailer hook-up and propane set-up at various sites
- Provide trailer orientation to instructors
- Ensuring water and sani-tanks are emptied and filled and plumbing lines are maintained according to weather conditions when the trailer is not in use
- Ensuring the cleanliness of the trailer and taking the linens to the laundry at the end of each instructor’s stay
- Other related duties of similar scope and complexity
A minimum of grade 12 education or equivalent; a valid Class 5 Driver’s license (a current driver’s abstract is required). Preferences include: heavy trailer endorsement and trailer hauling experience.
Additional skills and abilities include:
- Strong and physically fit with the ability to ability to lift and transport heavy / bulky items
- Detail-oriented with the ability to the ability to handle and prioritize tasks
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work safely both as a team member as well as independently
Respond in confidence by submitting a cover letter and a current resume and quoting competition #17.095B to:
Northwest Community College, Human Resources Department
Email: email@example.com or FAX: 250.638.5475
NWCC provides quality learning experiences that help prepare our students for successful, positive futures. We celebrate the diversity of our northern and First Nations populations and reflect this diversity in our programs, services and workforce. In accordance with NWCC’s strategic plan, we encourage applications from First Nations individuals.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
This competition will remain open until a suitable candidate is selected.