Northwest Community College (NWCC), Terrace Campus, invites applications for an auxiliary on-call Library Circulation Clerk. This appointment will commence as soon as possible and end August 31, 2018. Evening and weekend work will be required. Salary will be in accordance with the BCGEU Support Staff Scale Level 5.
Duties: Reporting to the College Librarian, this position is responsible for:
- Daily circulation of print and non-print materials
- Assisting students and public to find learning materials
- Responding to telephone inquiries
- Inter-campus loans for the central region
- Assisting with overdue fines and invoicing
- Shelving books and materials as well as general maintenance of the library facility
- Performing word processing, filing, photocopy tasks as required
- All other related duties of similar scope and complexity as required
Grade 12 graduation and preferably some post-secondary education along with relevant library experience. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Required knowledge, skills, and abilities include:
- Knowledge of standard library organization, terminology and bibliographic skills
- General office skills and familiarity with computers, printers and photocopiers
- Ability to handle cash
- Ability to work independently and effectively with faculty, students, and the public
- Familiarity with Colleague is an asset
- Experience working in an academic library is an asset
- Willingness to embrace the characteristics of our strategic plan (adventurous, transformative, and integrity)
Respond in confidence by submitting a cover letter and current resume, quoting competition #18.005B to:
Northwest Community College, Human Resources Department
Email: email@example.com or FAX: 250.638.5475
NWCC provides quality learning experiences that help prepare our students for successful, positive futures. We celebrate the diversity of our northern and First Nations populations and reflect this diversity in our programs, services and workforce. In accordance with NWCC’s strategic plan, we encourage applications from First Nations individuals.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.