Northwest Community College (NWCC), Terrace campus, invites applications for an auxiliary on-call Print Shop Technician commencing as soon as possible and end August 31, 2018. This position will require a flexible schedule as some evening and weekend work may be required. Salary will be accordance with the BCGEU Support Staff Scale, Level 9.
Duties: Provide back-up coverage for the regular Print Shop Technician. Responsible for maintaining the daily operations of the Print Shop and serves as the print production focal point for NWCC.
Tasks will include but are not limited to:
- Provide high quality, cost effective printing services for faculty, staff, and students
- Provide mail and photocopier technical support to all campuses
- Prepare quotes, financial information and reports
- Perform clerical duties and other related duties as assigned
- A certificate in Applied Business Technology or related field
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of MS Office suite, e-mail and internet (experience with Colleague is an asset)
- Skilled at serving customers and experience in a customer-oriented print shop
- Knowledge of Access Copyright regulations
- Knowledge of print shop processes and procedures, terminology and equipment
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and identify routine maintenance and calibration needs
- Detail oriented with the ability to manage tight deadlines despite frequent interruptions
- Experience monitoring/managing budgets
- Able to lift and carry material weighing up to approximately 50 lbs and stand for extended periods of time
Respond in confidence by submitting a cover letter and current resume and quoting competition 17.152B to:
Northwest Community College, Human Resources Department
Email: email@example.com or FAX: 250.638.5475
NWCC provides quality learning experiences that help prepare our students for successful, positive futures. We celebrate the diversity of our northern and First Nations populations and reflect this diversity in our programs, services and workforce. In accordance with NWCC’s strategic plan, we encourage applications from First Nations individuals.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.