Northwest Community College (NWCC), Haida Gwaii, invites applications for an auxiliary on-call Program Clerk in the Workforce Training & Continuing Studies Department (WCTS) commencing as soon as possible. A flexible schedule is required as some evening and weekend work may be required. Salary will be in accordance with the BCGEU Support Staff Scale, Level 5.
Duties: This program will provide support services for the WTCS department for courses on Haida Gwaii on an as required basis.
Tasks will include but are not limited to:
- Perform word processing functions in the preparation of departmental correspondence
- Data entry, accurate and timely completion of forms
- Photocopying, filing and faxing
- Updating course enrollment documents
- Room bookings and organize refreshments, materials and equipment for courses
- Create and distribute marketing tools
- Effective communication with instructors, students and industry/community members
- All other related tasks of similar scope and complexity
High-school graduation with a least one year post-secondary education along with a minimum of 2-3 years of directly related office experience particularly in customer service and word processing.
- A minimum of one-year desktop publishing experience
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of MS Office suite, e-mail and internet (experience with Colleague is an asset) with a minimum typing speed of 50 wpm
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Detail oriented with the ability to manage tight deadlines despite frequent interruptions
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, be self-directed and work with minimal supervision
- Knowledge of post-secondary education processes and/or contract training industry (asset)
Respond in confidence by submitting a cover letter and current resume, quoting competition #18.028B to:
Northwest Community College, Human Resources Department
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or FAX: 250.638.5475
NWCC provides quality learning experiences that help prepare our students for successful, positive futures. We celebrate the diversity of our northern and First Nations populations and reflect this diversity in our programs, services and workforce. In accordance with NWCC’s strategic plan, we encourage applications from First Nations individuals.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.