Northwest Community College (NWCC), Terrace campus, invites applications for an auxiliary term Administrative Assistant for 20 hours per week. This appointment will commence January 2, 2017 and end August 31, 2018. Salary will be in accordance with the BCGEU Support Staff Scale, Level 8.
Responsibilities: Reporting to the Manager, Capital Projects this position is responsible for the day-to-day administrative duties as outlined below:
- Serve as the first point of contact and liaison between the Manager’s office and internal or external people and organizations
- Screen, redirect and/or respond to e-mail, telephone, voicemail as appropriate
- Assist with maintaining the Manager’s calendar (booking appointments, meetings, and some travel arrangements)
- Provide clerical support and preparation of correspondence, reports and databases
- Assist with ensuring accuracy in administrative documents requiring the Manager’s signature (i.e. contracts, invoices, expense claims, etc.)
- Assists with arranging and supporting special events, conferences, internal/external committee meetings, and minute-taking
- Assist with gathering and reporting primary and secondary research materials related to the Manager’s activities
- Assist with preparation, input and monitoring purchase requisitions as required
- Other related duties as required
A Diploma in Business, Accounting, Office Administration/Office Technology along with 3-5 years experience in an Administrative Assistant role. An equivalent combination of education and office experience may be considered. Required knowledge, skills and abilities include:
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of MS Office, e-mail and internet (experience with Colleague is an asset) with a minimum typing speed of 60 net words per minute
- Demonstrated ability to exercise initiative and work with discretion
- Thorough knowledge of business English and proper formatting of records
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the demonstrated ability to work collaboratively
- Detail-oriented with excellent proof-reading skills and the demonstrated ability to work efficiently under pressure of deadlines despite frequent interruptions
Respond in confidence by submitting a cover letter and a current resume and quoting competition #17.249B to:
Northwest Community College, Human Resources Department
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or FAX: 250.638.5475
NWCC provides quality learning experiences that help prepare our students for successful, positive futures. We celebrate the diversity of our northern and First Nations populations and reflect this diversity in our programs, services and workforce. In accordance with NWCC’s strategic plan, we encourage applications from First Nations individuals.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.