(Subject to enrollment)
Northwest Community College (NWCC), Smithers campus, invites applications for an auxiliary Instructor(s) in our Business Administration (BADM) program. This appointment commences September 5, 2017 and ends December 22 2017. Salary will be in accordance with the BCGEU Instructor salary scale.
Duties: Teaching, course preparation, evaluation of student work, along with other functions related to instructing the following courses within the BADM Program:
- BENG 150 – Business Communications (45 instructional hours)
This course will be offered at the Smithers campus and broadcast to other campuses using video conferencing.
- A Bachelor's degree in a closely related discipline (Master’s degree or professional designation preferred)
- Additional post-secondary education in education or teaching, (e.g. A Master’s Degree in Adult Education, a Provincial Teaching Certificate or, a Provincial Instructor's Diploma)
- Experience with First Nations organizations and thorough familiarity with contemporary First Nations issues
- An equivalent combination of experience and education may be considered.
The successful applicant will possess a broad range of content knowledge, confidence and experience in the subject areas. As a team player and learner-centered instructor, experience should demonstrate excellent group facilitation, communication and interpersonal skills. Commitment to student success and awareness of the barriers the students may face is required, along with a demonstrated ability to foster a motivational learning environment for a diverse student base.
Respond in confidence by submitting a cover letter and a current resume and quoting competition #17.094B to:
Northwest Community College, Human Resources Department
Email: email@example.com or FAX: 250.638.5475
NWCC provides quality learning experiences that help prepare our students for successful, positive futures. We celebrate the diversity of our northern and First Nations populations and reflect this diversity in our programs, services and workforce. In accordance with NWCC’s strategic plan, we encourage applications from First Nations individuals.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.