(Subject to a leave)
Northwest Community College (NWCC), Terrace campus, invites applications for an auxiliary term Coordinator, College Bookstore commencing as soon as possible for three to six months (subject to a leave). Some inter-campus travel may be required. Salary will be in accordance with the BCGEU Support Staff Salary Scale, Level 12.
Duties: Coordinate and oversee daily store operations for all NWCC Bookstores and retail operations and coordinate the purchasing of textbooks and related supplies for all NWCC courses and programs.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Develop goals and monitor daily operations and security policies for Bookstores on all campuses
- Develop and compile budget information, monitor budget variances and provide year-end forecasting on a quarterly basis to the Director of Facilities & Ancillary Services
- Provide direction, prioritize, assign and review the work of all Bookstore employees
- Provide staff training, technical support and inventory control; instruct staff in safe work practices, accident prevention, safe keeping of cash deposits to all NWCC centers
- Maintain and ensure the successful operation of a multi-year marketing plan for college wide bookstore operations
Minimum of a Business Administration Diploma (degree preferred). Experience includes a minimum of 5 years of experience in retail sales with demonstrated retail display and merchandising experience and 5 years of demonstrated experience supervising multiple employees.
Required skills, abilities, and knowledge includes:
- Advanced knowledge of computer inventory and accounting systems, including budget development, forecasting and variance reporting (Booklog, Colleague and EasyR preferred)
- Proven knowledge and ability to develop and implement successful marketing programs
- Detail-oriented with the demonstrated ability to work both independently as well as with a team in an open, fast- paced environment while dealing with frequent interruptions
- Proven excellence in customer service with well-developed interpersonal, communication and conflict resolution skills
- Detailed knowledge and advanced proficiency with MS Office
- Demonstrated ability to lift and carry items weighing up to 40lbs
Respond in confidence by submitting a cover letter and current resume and quoting competition #17.081B to:
Northwest Community College, Human Resources Department
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or FAX: 250.638.5475
NWCC provides quality learning experiences that help prepare our students for successful, positive futures. We celebrate the diversity of our northern and First Nations populations and reflect this diversity in our programs, services and workforce. In accordance with NWCC’s strategic plan, we encourage applications from First Nations individuals.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.