Northwest Community College (NWCC), Hazelton Campus, invites applications for an auxiliary term, part-time (10.5 hours/week) Educational Advisor. This appointment will commence as soon as possible and end September 25, 2017 (subject to a leave). Some weekend and evening hours may be required as well as some travel. Salary will be in accordance with the BCGEU Support Staff, Level 11.
Duties: This position is responsible to provide guidance and education information to students in developing educations plans and achieving career and educational goals as well as to promote education training and opportunities provided by NWCC.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Assisting students and prospective students in exploring programs appropriate to their educational and career goals
- Representing NWCC as a regular liaison with local high schools and other community groups
- Providing information regarding NWCC’s programs and services to students/prospective students, parents, and community groups
- Providing information and assisting students/prospective students to access sources of financial aid
- Other related duties (of similar scope and complexity) as required
A university degree along with 2 years of experience advising students with respect to education and career goals in a post-secondary setting and practical understanding of the workings of educational systems. An equivalent combination of skills and experience may be considered. Required skills and abilities include:
- Demonstrated ability to speak effectively to groups
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team toward the overall assistance and recruitment of students in a cross-cultural setting
- Detail-oriented with the ability to determine priorities and be self-directed
- Work efficiently under pressure of deadlines despite interruptions
- Experience in conflict resolution and dealing with difficult people
Respond in confidence by submitting a cover letter and current resume, quoting competition #17.091B to:
Northwest Community College, Human Resources Department
Email: email@example.com or FAX: 250.638.5475
NWCC provides quality learning experiences that help prepare our students for successful, positive futures. We celebrate the diversity of our northern and First Nations populations and reflect this diversity in our programs, services and workforce. In accordance with NWCC’s strategic plan, we encourage applications from First Nations individuals.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
This competition will remain open until a suitable candidate is selected.