Coast Mountain College (CMTN), Terrace Campus, invites applications for an auxiliary term Instructional Assistant in the Workplace Skills Training (WST) program for students with cognitive disabilities. The appointment will commence December 10, 2018 and end May 31, 2019 for 12 hours per week. Salary will be in accordance BCGEU Support Staff, Level 7 (under review).
Duties: Under the direction of the Instructor, the Instructional Assistant will provide supportive assistance to one student.
Tasks will include but are not limited to:
- Assist the student with off campus and in class assignments
- Model work skills and work-related behavior at the work site and provide job coaching
- Assist with various learning assignments following the instructional plans
- Supervision of work placements for the student which may be on or off campus
- All other related duties of similar scope and complexity
Social Service Worker Certificate or equivalent/related educational background along with experience in the field of adult special education.
In addition, the incumbent will possess:
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication (written and oral) skills
- The ability to maintain confidentiality and use discretion in dealing with students and records
- Initiative and ability to work well without supervision
- An attitude and philosophy which will promote and foster independence in students
- A valid BC Driver’s license and have the use of a vehicle
Respond in confidence by submitting a cover letter and current resume and quoting competition #18.248B to:
Coast Mountain College, Human Resources & Payroll Department
NOTE: Only complete applications (with a cover letter and resume included) received to the above noted email address will be considered.
CMTN provides quality learning experiences that help prepare our students for successful, positive futures. We celebrate the diversity of our northern and Indigenous populations and reflect this diversity in our programs, services and workforce. In accordance with CMTN’s strategic plan, we encourage applications from Indigenous individuals.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.