Northwest Community College (NWCC), Smithers Campus, invites applications for an auxiliary term Instructional Assistant (IA) in the Business Administration (BADM) program. The appointment will commence May 1, 2018 and end August 16, 2018 (20 hours/week). A flexible schedule is required as some evening and weekend work may be required. Salary will be in accordance with the BCGEU Support Staff Scale, Level 6.
Duties: Reporting to the Program Coordinator and Instructors, the Instructional Assistant will support faculty to ensure successful delivery of evening courses in the Business Administration program. The schedule for this position is Monday-Thursday from 3:30pm to 8:30pm.
Tasks will include but are not limited to:
- Assisting instructors in preparation of classroom facilities and with course material
- Communicate with students to provide information and tutor individual students in classroom setting to overcome problems and understand the procedures involved in course materials
- Receive general direction from instructors and mark assignments, co-invigilate and mark exams
- Liaise with D2L support to ensure successful transmission of classes to other campuses
- Liaise with appropriate campus staff to ensure students to ensure student success
- Oversee campus use, including clearing the building after classes, as required
- All other tasks of similar scope and complexity as required
Qualifications/Skills: A Business Administration certificate (diploma preferred) along with a minimum of 2-3 years of directly related experience. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Required skills and abilities include:
- Strong mentoring/coaching and excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of MS Office, Adobe, e-mail and internet
- Technology savvy with knowledge of multimedia resources and equipment for learning and teaching
- Detail-oriented with the ability to manage tight deadlines despite frequent interruptions
- The ability to maintain confidentiality and use discretion in dealing with students and records
- Excellent conflict resolution skills with the demonstrated ability to work with diverse populations
Respond in confidence by submitting a cover letter and current resume and quoting competition #18.068B to:
Northwest Community College, Human Resources Department
Email: email@example.com or FAX: 250.638.5475
NWCC provides quality learning experiences that help prepare our students for successful, positive futures. We celebrate the diversity of our northern and First Nations populations and reflect this diversity in our programs, services and workforce. In accordance with NWCC’s strategic plan, we encourage applications from First Nations individuals.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.