Northwest Community College (NWCC), Laxgalts’ap, invites applications for an auxiliary term Instructor to teach Career & College Preparation courses. This appointment will commence October 2017 and end March 31, 2018. Salary will be in accordance with the BCGEU Instructor salary scale.
Duties: Facilitating learning for students in the Work program and completing the related administrative, record keeping and monitoring activities. Courses are self-paced and include: English (026 - 050) and Math (024 – 0401/0402). This appointment will include a minimum of 240 hours but may be up to 480 hours (depending on student needs).
- A Bachelor's degree in a directly related discipline
- A Provincial Teaching Certificate or a Provincial Instructor's Diploma
- A Master’s Degree in Adult Education or teaching related to MA or MSc preferred
- Teaching experience in an Adult Basic Education / Career and College Prep program (preference will be given to those with experience teaching Advanced/Provincial levels)
- An equivalent combination of experience and education may be considered.
The successful applicant will possess a broad range of content knowledge, confidence and experience in the subject areas. As a team player and learner-centered instructor, experience should demonstrate excellent group facilitation, communication and interpersonal skills. Commitment to student success and awareness of the barriers the students may face is required, along with a demonstrated ability to foster a motivational learning environment for a diverse student base.
Respond in confidence by submitting a cover letter and a current resume and quoting competition #17.201B to:
Northwest Community College, Human Resources Department
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or FAX: 250.638.5475
NWCC provides quality learning experiences that help prepare our students for successful, positive futures. We celebrate the diversity of our northern and First Nations populations and reflect this diversity in our programs, services and workforce. In accordance with NWCC’s strategic plan, we encourage applications from First Nations individuals.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.