Northwest Community College (NWCC), Terrace campus, invites applications for an auxiliary term Instructor in the Public Administration Program. The position will commence August 27, 2018 and end November 15, 2018. Salary will be in accordance with the BCGEU Instructor salary scale.
Duties: Facilitate learning for students in the course “PADM 203 – Municipal Law in BC” (45 instructional hours) and complete the related administrative, record keeping and monitoring activities.
· Delivered in an intensive format (with full day classes on Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays) over two weekends (September 6-8, 2018 and November 1-3, 2018)
Qualifications/Skills: A university degree in Public Administration or similar, along with local government experience, and/or BC Board of Examiner's certification, experience with First Nations organizations and knowledge of contemporary First Nations and teaching experience. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Require skills, abilities and knowledge include:
· Excellent group facilitation, interpersonal, and communication (written and oral) skills
· Ability to create a positive and respectful learning environment for mature adults who may have been out of the classroom for many years
· Demonstrated cultural sensitivity
· Willingness to embrace the characteristics of our strategic plan (adventurous, transformative, and integrity) and apply them to teaching
Respond in confidence by submitting a cover letter and current resume and quoting competition #18.115B to:
Northwest Community College, Human Resources Department
Email: email@example.com or FAX: 250.638.5475
NWCC provides quality learning experiences that help prepare our students for successful, positive futures. We celebrate the diversity of our northern and First Nations populations and reflect this diversity in our programs, services and workforce. In accordance with NWCC’s strategic plan, we encourage applications from First Nations individuals.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.