Northwest Community College (NWCC), Smithers campus, invites applications for an auxiliary Instructor(s) in our Business Administration (BADM) program as outlined below. The position(s) will commence on August 27, 2018 and end Dec 21, 2018. Salary will be in accordance with the BCGEU Instructor salary scale.
Duties: Teaching, course preparation, evaluation of student work, along with other functions related to instructing the following courses (45 hours/course) within the BADM Program:
· BLAW 152 – Business Law, Tuesdays, 6-9pm
· ECON 151 – Macroeconomics, Wednesdays, 6-9pm
· ETHC 150 – Business Ethics, Mondays & Wednesdays, 1-2:30pm
· MATH 150 – Math of Finance, Tuesdays & Thursdays, 3:30-5pm
· MARK 150 – Introduction to Marketing, Mondays & Wednesdays, 3:30-5pm
Courses may be offered via Hybrid or distance delivery format or traditional classroom setting. Hybrid delivery incorporates broadcasting live lectures (currently using Vidyo) integrated with a Learning Management System (currently Desire-to-Learn D2L).
Please indicate in your cover letter which course(s) you are applying to teach.
· A Bachelor's degree in Business (Master’s degree preferred) or a closely related discipline
· Additional post-secondary education and training in teaching, (e.g. A Master’s Degree in Adult Education, a Provincial Teaching Certificate or, a Provincial Instructor's Diploma) is preferred
· Experience teaching in the subject matter of selected courses
· Willingness to embrace the characteristics of our strategic plan (adventurous, transformative, and integrity) and apply them to teaching
The successful applicant will possess a broad range of content knowledge, confidence and experience in the subject areas. Experience should demonstrate excellent group facilitation, communication, and interpersonal skills. A commitment to student success is required, along with a demonstrated ability to foster a motivational learning environment for a diverse student base.
Respond in confidence by submitting a cover letter and a current resume and quoting competition #18.117B to:
Northwest Community College, Human Resources Department
Email: email@example.com or FAX: 250.638.5475
NWCC provides quality learning experiences that help prepare our students for successful, positive futures. We celebrate the diversity of our northern and First Nations populations and reflect this diversity in our programs, services and workforce. In accordance with NWCC’s strategic plan, we encourage applications from First Nations individuals.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.