Northwest Community College (NWCC), Terrace campus, invites applications for an auxiliary term Instructor(s) in the Career & College Preparation (CCP) program. The position(s) will commence on September 4, 2018 and end April 25, 2019, with a maximum of 180 hours total. Evening work is required. Salary will be in accordance with the BCGEU Instructor salary scale.
Duties: Facilitate learning for students in the program and complete related administrative, record keeping and monitoring activities. The program is offered in self-paced format.
· Biology 0501/0502, Fall 2018 (90 hrs)
· Math 0401/0402, Winter 2019 (90 hrs)
· A Bachelor's degree in a directly related discipline
· A Provincial Teaching Certificate or a Provincial Instructor's Diploma preferred
· A Master’s Degree in Adult Education or teaching related to MA or MSc preferred
· Teaching experience in an Adult Basic Education / Career and College Prep program (preference will be given to those with experience teaching Advanced/Provincial levels)
The successful applicant will possess a broad range of content knowledge, confidence and experience in the subject areas. As a team player and learner-centered instructor, experience should demonstrate excellent group facilitation, communication and interpersonal skills. Commitment to student success and awareness of the barriers the students may face is required, along with a demonstrated ability to foster a motivational learning environment for a diverse student base.
Respond in confidence by submitting a cover letter and a current resume and quoting competition #18.118B to:
Northwest Community College, Human Resources Department
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or FAX: 250.638.5475
NWCC provides quality learning experiences that help prepare our students for successful, positive futures. We celebrate the diversity of our northern and First Nations populations and reflect this diversity in our programs, services and workforce. In accordance with NWCC’s strategic plan, we encourage applications from First Nations individuals.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.