Auxiliary Term and On-call (Subject to a leave)
Northwest Community College (NWCC), Terrace Campus, invites applications for an auxiliary term Security Officer. This 5 day per week appointment will commence as soon as possible and end January 5, 2018 (subject to a leave) with an on-call appointment to end March 31, 2018. Hours of work will normally be 6:00p.m. to 3:00a.m., however, a flexible schedule may be required. Salary will be in accordance with the BCGEU Support Staff Scale, Level 5.
Duties: Monitor and patrol NWCC buildings, facilities and grounds and investigate disturbances or matters of concern.
Tasks and responsibilities include:
- Secure all buildings and residences
- Inspection of parking lots
- Check security access systems after college business hours
- Deal with issues arising that may include: interpersonal conflict, drug / alcohol use, violence, vandalism
- Maintain and enforce residence rules
- Log reports on rounds
- Liaise with RCMP and Emergency Services
- Address safety issues
A BC Security Worker License or be eligible to obtain (at applicants cost) within 30 days of hire date; Grade 12 diploma; and First Aid certification / Survival First Aid are along with training or background knowledge of fire safety procedures. The successful candidates must also have:
- Demonstrated ability to act as an authoritative figure while working alone
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with faculty, students and the public
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
Respond in confidence by submitting a cover letter and current resume and quoting competition #17.239B to:
Northwest Community College, Human Resources Department
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or FAX: 250.638.5475
NWCC provides quality learning experiences that help prepare our students for successful, positive futures. We celebrate the diversity of our northern and First Nations populations and reflect this diversity in our programs, services and workforce. In accordance with NWCC’s strategic plan, we encourage applications from First Nations individuals.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
This competition will remain open until a suitable candidate is selected.