Northwest Community College (NWCC), Terrace Campus, invites applications for a full-time Coordinator, International for a one year term. This appointment will commence as soon as possible. Some evening hours and travel will be required. Salary will be in accordance with the BCGEU Support Staff, Level 13 (under review).
Duties: Under the direction of the Director, International, the Coordinator is responsible for the effective and efficient design, delivery and reporting of internationally focused programs, projects and initiatives aligned with NWCC’s strategic plan. At times operating abroad, the Coordinator may participate in agent-led student recruitment events, as well as aid projects in developing countries in collaboration with Colleges and Institutes Canada and Global Affairs Canada.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Coordinate region-wide delivery of programs and services related to international projects, recruitment and student support
- Generate proposals and manage assigned projects independently
- Monitor project planning documents and reports, scheduling updates and revisions, proposals, strategic plans, business cases/plans
- Liaise and maintain effective working relationships with committees and task groups as appropriate to ensure project success
- Represent NWCC at community activities to enhance NWCC’s profile
- Work with the Admissions office to develop and implement an on-site acceptance program
- Other related duties as assigned
An undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline along with 3 years of post-secondary experience, preferably working with international educational systems and students. Fluency in a second language, with preference given to Portuguese, Mandarin, Arabic, and Spanish. Assets include: RCIC, RISA or ISIEP certification; experience developing CICAN proposals and project plans, experience developing/analyzing business process; and experience with Colleague or other student information system.
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Extensive international experience (living and working outside of Canada)
- Proven record of accomplishment in international recruitment, specifically supporting and managing recruitment agents
- Experience working with diverse multicultural groups providing student support
- Experience in program and project development, delivery, evaluation and assessment
- Budget planning and management experience with the ability to analyze and summarize information to make recommendations
- Ability to work independently and to develop effective working relationships with faculty, staff, students, and community members
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills
Respond in confidence by submitting a cover letter and current resume and quoting competition #17.089B to:
Northwest Community College, Human Resources Department
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or FAX: 250.638.5475
NWCC provides quality learning experiences that help prepare our students for successful, positive futures. We celebrate the diversity of our northern and First Nations populations and reflect this diversity in our programs, services and workforce. In accordance with NWCC’s strategic plan, we encourage applications from First Nations individuals.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.