Northwest Community College (NWCC) invites applications for an auxiliary term course developer for a Board Governance Fundamentals course in the Workforce Training & Continuing Studies department. This position will include up to 20 non-instructional hours commencing as soon as possible and ending on or before March 31, 2018. Salary will be in accordance with the BCGEU Instructor salary scale.
Duties: This position will prepare and develop a new Board Governance Fundamentals course for the Workforce Training & Continuing Studies (WTCS) department.
Tasks will include:
- Develop curriculum to meet NWCC standards (including assessment tools, updated course outline, student materials, etc.)
- Create the required Education Council documents
A bachelor degree in a directly related field along with recent and substantial experience in the Public Administration field. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Require skills, abilities and knowledge includes:
- First-hand knowledge of Board composition and terms of reference
- Demonstrated experience in curriculum and program development and implementation
- Understanding and proven ability to implement experiential place-based pedagogy
- Demonstrated project management experience as well as research and report writing experience
- Excellent group facilitation, interpersonal, and communication (written and oral) skills
- Willingness to embrace the characteristics of our strategic plan (adventurous, transformative, and integrity) and apply them to teaching
Respond in confidence by submitting a cover letter and a current resume and quoting competition #18.025B to:
Northwest Community College, Human Resources Department
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or FAX: 250.638.5475
NWCC provides quality learning experiences that help prepare our students for successful, positive futures. We celebrate the diversity of our northern and First Nations populations and reflect this diversity in our programs, services and workforce. In accordance with NWCC’s strategic plan, we encourage applications from First Nations individuals.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.