Continuing Part-time (50%)
Northwest Community College (NWCC), Terrace Campus, invites applications for a continuing part-time (17.5 hours/week) Lab Assistant in the Health programs commencing as soon as possible. This position requires a flexible schedule as some evening and weekend work may be required as well as travel. Salary will be in accordance with the BCGEU Support Staff level 7.
Duties: Under the direction of program faculty, this position will assist faculty with the operation and maintenance of the nursing lab at Terrace campus for Health programs and at other nursing lab sites in the region.
Tasks will include:
- Assisting with supervision of students and monitoring student activities in the lab
- Demonstrating equipment use and specifics in procedure and lab material
- Provide immediate response to lab emergencies for safety and equipment (sharps, eye care, MSI)
- Maintain currency of policy and procedure manuals from Northern Health Authority
- Ensure labs are maintained in good order
- Prepare and maintain an inventory list for the labs, collaborating with Program Coordinators to determine inventory needs
- Inputting requisitions received from faculty for clinical placements in HSPnet
- All other related duties of similar scope and complexity
Current practicing registration with a nursing regulatory body of BC (i.e.: CRNBC, CRPNBC or CLPNBC) along with recent experience working in an educational institution nursing lab and/or clinical settings. The successful candidate must have recent knowledge of WHMIS and safety procedures; be adaptable, flexible and comfortable with change and have excellent interpersonal and team skills. An equivalent combination of experience and education will be considered.
Respond in confidence by submitting a cover letter and current resume, quoting competition #18.086B to:
Northwest Community College, Human Resources Department
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or FAX: 250.638.5475
NWCC provides quality learning experiences that help prepare our students for successful, positive futures. We celebrate the diversity of our northern and First Nations populations and reflect this diversity in our programs, services and workforce. In accordance with NWCC’s strategic plan, we encourage applications from First Nations individuals.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Closing Date: This competition will remain open until a suitable candidate is selected.