(Subject to minimum enrollment)
Northwest Community College (NWCC), Terrace campus, invites applications for part-time Nursing Instructors in the Northern Collaborative Baccalaureate Nursing Program (NCBNP). The appointments will commence January 2, 2018 and end April 30, 2018 except for NURS 220 which will commence May 2018 and end June 2018. Salary will be in accordance with the CUPE Instructor Scale.
Duties: Teaching, course preparation, evaluation of student work, along with other functions related to instructing the following courses:
- NURS 215 Theory: Nursing Care of the Adult (1 section); Terrace January to April 2018
- NURS 215 Labs: Terrace (3 labs at .58 section each); Terrace January to April 2018
- NURS 215 Clinical: Terrace (3.04 sections); January to April 2018
- NURS 220 Clinical: Terrace or Prince Rupert (2.53 sections); May to June 2018
Please clearly identify which course you are apply to teach in your application.
A Master’s degree in Nursing or related field, a current practicing license with the Nursing regulator college (CRNBC) and teaching experience. Candidates with a Bachelor’s degree will be considered with a combination of education and experience.
Preferred attributes/experience include:
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and facilitation skills
- Adaptable with the ability to motivate and mentor learners of all ages
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- Willingness to embrace the characteristics of our strategic plan (adventurous, transformative, and integrity) and apply them to teaching
Internal applicants please include a copy of your most recent evaluation results.
Respond in confidence by submitting a cover letter and current resume and quoting competition #17.230C to:
Northwest Community College, Human Resources Department
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or FAX: 250.638.5475
NWCC provides quality learning experiences that help prepare our students for successful, positive futures. We celebrate the diversity of our northern and First Nations populations and reflect this diversity in our programs, services and workforce. In accordance with NWCC’s strategic plan, we encourage applications from First Nations individuals.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.