Northwest Community College (NWCC), Terrace Campus, invites applications for a full-time continuing International Coordinator commencing as soon as possible. Some evening hours and international travel will be required. Salary will be in accordance with the BCGEU Support Staff, Level 13 (under review).
Duties: Reporting to the Director, International, the Coordinator is responsible will assist in establishing the International Office along with the development of international recruitment, student support services, international partnerships, and outbound mobility opportunities. At times operating abroad, the Coordinator may participate in agent-led student recruitment events, as well as aid projects in developing countries in collaboration with Colleges and Institutes Canada and Global Affairs Canada.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Coordinating region-wide delivery of programs and services related to international projects, recruitment and student support
- Generating international proposals and coordinating assigned projects independently
- Monitoring project planning documents and reports
- International student recruitment, including advising, and providing support to agents and potential international applicants
- Supporting the daily operations of the International Office
- Other related duties (of similar scope and complexity) as assigned
An undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline along with 3 years of work experience in a post-secondary environment, preferably working with international educational systems and students. Fluency in a second language is required, with preference given to Portuguese, Chinese, Arabic, Spanish, Russian, Japanese, Korean, and Hindi. Assets include: RCIC or RISA certification; experience developing CICAN proposals and project plans, experience developing/analyzing business process; and experience with Colleague or other student information system.
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Extensive international experience (living and working outside of Canada)
- A valid passport and ability to travel internationally for up to 4 weeks
- Proven record of accomplishment in international recruitment, specifically supporting and managing recruitment agents
- Experience working with diverse multicultural groups providing student support
- Experience in project development, delivery, evaluation and assessment
- Budget planning and management experience with the ability to analyze and summarize information to make recommendations
- Ability to work independently and to develop effective working relationships with faculty, staff, students, and community members
- Excellent leadership, project management, communication, negotiation and conflict resolution skills
Respond in confidence by submitting a cover letter and current resume and quoting competition #17.137B to:
Northwest Community College, Human Resources Department
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or FAX: 250.638.5475
NWCC provides quality learning experiences that help prepare our students for successful, positive futures. We celebrate the diversity of our northern and First Nations populations and reflect this diversity in our programs, services and workforce. In accordance with NWCC’s strategic plan, we encourage applications from First Nations individuals.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.