Coast Mountain College (CMTN), Terrace campus, invites applications for a term Automotive Service Technician (AST) Program Coordinator. The appointment will commence November 1, 2018 and end August 31, 2021. The workload release will be based on previous year’s FTE’s. Salary will be in accordance with the BCGEU Instructor salary scale.
Duties: Based in Terrace, working closely with the Dean, the Coordinator is responsible for program evolution and plays a lead role in ensuring program quality, effectiveness, and efficiency as well as student success.
This includes, but is not limited to:
- Instructor hiring, budget development / maintenance, and scheduling
- Program and curriculum development
- Educational liaison and articulation
- Student recruitment/retention and advocacy, community outreach, and program promotion
Journeyperson Certification with the Red Seal (Interprovincial) endorsement and Grade 12 or equivalent. Experience should include a minimum of 5 years’ varied field experience as a Journeyperson AST. A Provincial Instructor’s Diploma or other relevant teaching certification and experience are preferred. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered. Preference will be given to current AST program faculty.
Require skills/abilities include:
- Demonstrated ability to supervise the discipline
- Current knowledge of community resources, economic, and employment opportunities
- Excellent organizational, communication and facilitation skills
- Demonstrated ability to work efficiently and accurately in a collaborative team environment
- Demonstrated ability to provide a motivational learning environment
- Intermediate computer skills (MS Office, email, internet)
- Willingness to embrace the characteristics of our strategic plan (adventurous, transformative, and integrity) and apply them to teaching
Respond in confidence by submitting a cover letter and current resume and quoting competition #18.227B to:
Coast Mountain College, Human Resources & Payroll Department
NOTE: Only complete applications (with a cover letter and resume included) received to the above noted email address will be considered.
CMTN provides quality learning experiences that help prepare our students for successful, positive futures. We celebrate the diversity of our northern and Indigenous populations and reflect this diversity in our programs, services and workforce. In accordance with CMTN’s strategic plan, we encourage applications from Indigenous individuals.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.