Northwest Community College (NWCC), Terrace campus, invites applications for a part-time term Program Coordinator in our Carpentry Program. This three year appointment will commence as soon as possible. The workload percentage for this position is based on student enrolment (minimum of 25% to a maximum of 50%). Salary will be in accordance with the BCGEU Instructor scale.
Duties: Reporting to the Program Chair, the Program Coordinator is responsible to ensure program evolution and play a lead role in ensuring program quality, effectiveness, efficiency, and student success.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Instructor hiring, budget development / maintenance, and scheduling
- Program and curriculum development
- Educational liaison and articulation
- Student recruitment/retention and advocacy, community outreach, and program promotion
Journeyperson Certification with the Red Seal (Interprovincial) endorsement and Grade 12 or equivalent. Experience should include a minimum of 5 years’ varied field experience as a Journeyperson Carpenter and 5 years in a supervisory capacity either as a Foreman or Superintendent. A Provincial Instructor Diploma or other relevant teaching certification and experience are preferred. A candidate who currently holds a regular continuing position within the Carpentry program is preferred. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Required knowledge, skills, and abilities include:
- Demonstrated ability to supervise the discipline
- Current knowledge of community resources, economic and employment opportunities
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication (written & oral) skills
- Demonstrated ability to work efficiently and accurately in a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to provide a motivational learning environment
- Willingness to embrace the characteristics of our strategic plan (adventurous, transformative, and integrity) and apply them to teaching
Respond in confidence by submitting a cover letter and a current resume and quoting competition #17.126B to:
Northwest Community College, Human Resources Department
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or FAX: 250.638.5475
NWCC provides quality learning experiences that help prepare our students for successful, positive futures. We celebrate the diversity of our northern and First Nations populations and reflect this diversity in our programs, services and workforce. In accordance with NWCC’s strategic plan, we encourage applications from First Nations individuals.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.