Northwest Community College (NWCC), Terrace campus, invites applications for a part-time (60%) continuing Records Officer commencing as soon as possible. Salary will be in accordance with the BCGEU Support Staff Scale, Level 7 (under review).
Responsibilities: Reporting to the Coordinator of Systems & Records, this position assist with maintaining the complete, consistent, and accurate registration processes and support the enrollment process, academic records, and student module and business flow of the Registrar’s office.
Duties will include:
- Providing guidance, information and technical support regarding records systems and processes
- Liaising with internal departments to ensure policies and processes with the Registrar’s office are accurately and adequately supporting and promoting enrollment and positive student experience
- Providing quality assurance reporting on various processes in the Registrar’s office
- Providing support Registrar’s office with contract registration and set-up, complex registration processes (may include monitoring section capacities, and cross-listings)
- Register students on Student Record System database as per Affiliation Agreements
- Notifying registration staff and instructors regarding outstanding debt or errors detected within the student records, and follow-up to ensure corrections are made
- Analyzing and recommending system improvements when necessary
- Preparing student records information to outside agencies or institutions upon request
- Providing back-up support to the Articulation and Scheduling Officer as well as the Records Support Clerk
- Other related duties (of similar scope and complexity) as required
A Bachelor’s Degree with an understanding of the larger post-secondary environment in BC and thorough knowledge of NWCC policies, procedures. Experience includes 6 months registration experience within a post-secondary environment. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Required skills, abilities and knowledge
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize information and provide research support for the Registrar’s office
- Detailed knowledge and advanced proficiency with Colleague (Banner or equivalent) and all MS Office applications
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational, and communication skills
- Detail-oriented with the demonstrated ability to work independently or as a team, while managing multiple demands with varying deadlines
Respond in confidence by submitting a cover letter and current resume, quoting competition #17.141B to:
Northwest Community College, Human Resources Department
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or FAX: 250.638.5475
NWCC provides quality learning experiences that help prepare our students for successful, positive futures. We celebrate the diversity of our northern and First Nations populations and reflect this diversity in our programs, services and workforce. In accordance with NWCC’s strategic plan, we encourage applications from First Nations individuals.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.