Northwest Community College (NWCC), Prince Rupert Campus, invites applications for a regular 3 year term Program Coordinator commencing September 1, 2018 and end August 31, 2021 for 11.65 hours per week. Salary will be in accordance with the BCGEU Instructor salary scale.
Duties: Working closely with the Dean, ensure program evolution and play a lead role in ensuring program quality, effectiveness, efficiency, and student success.
This includes, but is not limited to:
· Instructor hiring, budget development / maintenance, and scheduling
· Program and curriculum development
· Educational liaison and articulation
· Student recruitment/retention and advocacy, community outreach, and program promotion
· A Bachelor's degree in a closely related discipline
· Additional post-secondary education in education or teaching, (e.g. A Master’s Degree in Adult Education, a Provincial Teaching Certificate or, a Provincial Instructor's Diploma)
· Teaching experience in an Adult Basic Education / Career and College Prep program
The successful applicant will possess a broad range of content knowledge, confidence and experience in the subject areas. As a team player and learner-centered instructor, experience should demonstrate excellent group facilitation, communication and interpersonal skills. Commitment to student success and awareness of the barriers the students may face is required, along with a demonstrated ability to foster a motivational learning environment for a diverse student base. Preference will be given to current CCP faculty members in Prince Rupert.
Respond in confidence by submitting a cover letter and current resume and quoting competition #18.120B to:
Northwest Community College, Human Resources Department
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or FAX: 250.638.5475
NWCC provides quality learning experiences that help prepare our students for successful, positive futures. We celebrate the diversity of our northern and First Nations populations and reflect this diversity in our programs, services and workforce. In accordance with NWCC’s strategic plan, we encourage applications from First Nations individuals.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.