Northwest Community College (NWCC), Terrace Campus, invites applications for a term full-time Facilities Maintenance Carpenter. This appointment will commence as soon as possible and end May 18, 2019. A flexible schedule is required as some evening and weekend work may be required. Salary will be in accordance with the BCGEU Support Staff Scale, Level 13.
Description: Under the direction of the Lead Hand/Foreman, performs carpentry and related building trades functions to maintain and renovate campus buildings and assets.
Tasks will include but are not limited to:
- Perform carpentry trade functions to repair and maintain campus buildings, modify, renovate or build office or related facilities (including: prepare or receive design plans, supply/material orders and invoice/work order processing)
- Trouble-shoot and repair minor plumbing and electrical problems
- When assigned, snow removal functions (operate bobcat mounted blower and plough, front end loader and other equipment to remove snow and apply salt to campus roadways, parking lots, fire lanes, sidewalks, walkways, and stairways)
- Operate truck and/or forklift to pick-up, load and move furniture, file cabinets, and equipment and pick-up materials and supplies
- Other related duties as assigned
Trade Qualification in Carpentry along with a minimum of four to five years related experience. Grade 12 or equivalent. A valid Driver’s license with a clean driver’s abstract, experience in snow removal and equipment, the ability to lift and carry items weighing up to 50 lbs., and intermediate computer skills are required.
Preferred knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Occupational First Aid Level 2 or equivalent
- Good communications (oral and written) and technical skills
- Work efficiently under pressure of deadlines despite frequent interruptions
- Detail oriented and self-directed with the ability to determine priorities
- Demonstrated ability work in a team environment with minimum supervision
Respond in confidence by submitting a cover letter and current resume, quoting competition #18.091B to:
Northwest Community College, Human Resources Department
Email: email@example.com or FAX: 250.638.5475
NWCC provides quality learning experiences that help prepare our students for successful, positive futures. We celebrate the diversity of our northern and First Nations populations and reflect this diversity in our programs, services and workforce. In accordance with NWCC’s strategic plan, we encourage applications from First Nations individuals.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.