Northwest Community College (NWCC) invites applications for a Summer Student Facilitator for the Summer Camp program. The summer camp programs will be held in Terrace, Kitimat, and the Nass Valley. This 640 hour appointment will commence as soon as possible and end August 31, 2018. Travel between the listed locations is required of this position. The wage for this position will be $15.06 per hour.
Duties: Reporting to the Program Officer, this position will plan, deliver and evaluate a series of summer digital literacy camps related to computer coding and robotics with school-aged children.
Tasks will include but are not limited to:
- Delivering existing curriculum for one-day workshops and five-day summer camps
- Co-delivering in-school workshops
- Maintaining an inclusive and safe space for all camp participants
- Participating in camp evaluations
- Other related duties as assigned
The successful candidate must be pursuing or recently completed a college/university degree in a related degree (Science, Engineering, Education or Computer Science is preferred). Experience working/volunteering with youth focused camp programs is an asset.
Required knowledge, skills, and abilities include:
- A valid class 5 Drivers License with no restrictions and a clean drivers abstract
- First Aid with CPR C (or willingness to obtain prior to the start of the camps)
- Ability to pass a criminal record check with Vulnerable Sector screening
- Demonstrated ability work in a dynamic team environment with minimum supervision
Respond in confidence by submitting a cover letter and current resume and quoting competition #18.110N to:
Northwest Community College, Human Resources Department
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or FAX: 250.638.5475
NWCC provides quality learning experiences that help prepare our students for successful, positive futures. We celebrate the diversity of our northern and First Nations populations and reflect this diversity in our programs, services and workforce. In accordance with NWCC’s strategic plan, we encourage applications from First Nations individuals.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Closing Date: This competition will remain open until a suitable candidate is selected. The first review of applications will occur June 13, 2018.