(Subject to minimum enrollment)
Northwest Community College (NWCC), Gitwinksihlkw, invites applications for a regular term Instructor to teach the Residential Building Maintenance Worker (RBMW) program. This 23 week (690 hour) program will commence September 2018 and end April 2019. Salary will be in accordance with the BCGEU Instructor Scale.
Duties: Teaching, course preparation, evaluation of student work, along with other functions related to instructing the RBMW program.
A Certificate of Qualification in Residential Building Maintenance Worker (RBMW) and/or Inter-Provincial Red Seal Certificate in one or more trades related to the RBMW program, particularly Carpentry, Electrical or Plumbing. A minimum of 5 years of experience working the residential construction industry, including at least 2 years specifically related to the RBMW program module(s) offered by NWCC. A combination of education, training and experiences will be considered.
Required knowledge, skills, and abilities include:
- Excellent organizational, communication, and public relations skills
- The ability to motivate and mentor adult learners
- Intermediate computer skills (word processing, excel, email)
- An understanding of and ability to implement experiential place-based learning
- Provincial Instructor’s Diploma and/or the Train the Trainer or ISW are assets
- Teaching experience (2 years) is preferred
- Willingness to embrace the characteristics of our strategic plan (adventurous, transformative, and integrity) and apply them to teaching
Respond in confidence by submitting a cover letter and current resume, quoting competition #18.092B to:
Northwest Community College, Human Resources Department
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or FAX: 250.638.5475
NWCC provides quality learning experiences that help prepare our students for successful, positive futures. We celebrate the diversity of our northern and First Nations populations and reflect this diversity in our programs, services and workforce. In accordance with NWCC’s strategic plan, we encourage applications from First Nations individuals.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.