(Subject to enrollment and funding)
Northwest Community College (NWCC), Smithers Campus, invites applications for an Instructor(s) in the Health Care Assistant program. The appointment(s) will commence June 4, 2018 and end December 21, 2018. Salary will be in accordance with the BCGEU Instructor Scale.
Instructor Duties: Teaching, course preparation, evaluation of student work, along with other functions related to instructing in the HCA program as outlined below (additional information for courses can be found in the College website – www.nwcc.bc.ca).
- HCAS 101: Health Care Assistant – Introduction to Practice (30 instructional hours)
- HCAS 102: Health – Lifestyles and Choices (30 instructional hours)
- HCAS 103: Human Relations – Interpersonal Communication (50 instructional hours)
- HCAS 104: Health and Healing – Concepts for Practice (70 instructional hours)
- HCAS 105: Healing I – Caring for Individuals Experiencing Common Health Challenges (115 instructional hours)
- HCAS 106: Healing II - Caring for Individuals with Cognitive or Mental Challenges (60 instructional hours)
- HCAS 107: Healing III – Personal Care Assistance (120 instructional hours)
- HCAS 107: Lab (90 hours)
- HCAS 108: Practice Experience in Home Support and/or Assisted Living (60 clinical hours)
- HCAS 109: Practice Experience in Multi-level and/or Complex Care I (120 clinical hours)
- HCAS 110: Transition Practice Experience (60 clinical hours)
Please identify course preference in applications.
Current practicing registration with CLPNBC, CRNBC, or CRPNBC along with demonstrated ability to teach adult learners (i.e. completion of Provincial Instructors Diploma or equivalent education or previous teaching experience with satisfactory references or positive performance evaluations and student course evaluations).
Require experience includes a minimum of 2 years of full-time nursing experience with relevant knowledge of the Canadian health care system, the roles and responsibilities of healthcare team members and current policies and procedures within residential community, acute care, and community care settings. Required nursing work experience includes: experience in working with older adults with complex health needs; and experience or orientation in home support, multi-level/complex care and acute care. Clinical instructors must also meet the clinical practice requirements: current CPR certification, up to date immunizations.
The successful candidate will be adaptable, flexible and comfortable with change and technology, and have excellent organizational, interpersonal and team skills.
Respond in confidence by submitting a cover letter and current resume, quoting competition #18.024B to:
Northwest Community College, Human Resources Department
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or FAX: 250.638.5475
NWCC provides quality learning experiences that help prepare our students for successful, positive futures. We celebrate the diversity of our northern and First Nations populations and reflect this diversity in our programs, services and workforce. In accordance with NWCC’s strategic plan, we encourage applications from First Nations individuals.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.