(Subject to enrolment)
Northwest Community College (NWCC), Terrace Campus, invites applications for an Instructor(s) in the Practical Nursing program. The appointment(s) will commence April 2, 2017 and end August 31, 2018. Salary will be in accordance with the BCGEU Instructor Scale.
Instructor Duties: Teaching, course preparation, evaluation of student work, along with other functions related to instructing in the PN program as outlined below (additional information for courses within this program can be found in the College website – www.nwcc.bc.ca).
- PNUR 115: Professional Practice A (45 instructional hours)
- PNUR 121: Professional Communication A (45 instructional hours)
- PNUR 135: Variations to Health A (60 instructional hours)
- PNUR 144: Health Promotion A (30 instructional hours)
- PNUR 145: Pharmacology A (60 instructional hours)
- PNUR 180: Integrated Nursing Practice A (90 instructional hours and 90 lab hours)
- PNUR 175: Consolidated Practice experience A (120 clinical hours)
- A current practicing license with CLPNBC, CRNBC, or CRPNBC
- Coordinator applications must demonstrate the ability to supervise the discipline
- 3 – 5 years of recent and relevant practice experience including clinical experience
- Additional post-secondary education in teaching (i.e. A Master’s in Adult Education, a Provincial Teaching Certificate, a Provincial Instructor’s Diploma) is an asset
- A valid Class 5 Driver’s license
- Willingness to embrace the characteristics of our strategic plan (adventurous, transformative, and integrity) and apply them to teaching
The successful applicant will possess a broad range of content knowledge, confidence and experience in the subject areas. As a team player and learner-centered instructor, experience should demonstrate excellent group facilitation, communication and interpersonal skills. A commitment to student success is required, along with a demonstrated ability to foster a motivational learning environment for a diverse student base.
Respond in confidence by submitting a cover letter and current resume, quoting competition #17.244B to:
Northwest Community College, Human Resources Department
Email: email@example.com or FAX: 250.638.5475
NWCC provides quality learning experiences that help prepare our students for successful, positive futures. We celebrate the diversity of our northern and First Nations populations and reflect this diversity in our programs, services and workforce. In accordance with NWCC’s strategic plan, we encourage applications from First Nations individuals.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
This posting will remain open until a suitable candidate(s) is selected.