Northwest Community College (NWCC), Smithers Campus, invites applications for a regular term Program Coordinator in the Business Administration program. This position commences September 1, 2018 and ends August 31, 2021. The workload percentage for this position is based on student enrolment. Salary will be in accordance with the BCGEU Instructor salary scale.
Duties: Working closely with the Dean, ensure program evolution and play a lead role in ensuring program quality, effectiveness, efficiency, and student success.
This includes, but is not limited to:
- Marketing the program locally and developing connections to help identify potential students
- Preparing the campus through liaising with the Associate Dean, Learning Assistant Specialist, and CCP Coordinator; ensuring proficiency with teaching technology
- Meeting potential students, First Nations communities, and key community groups in Smithers and neighbouring communities
- Orienting new instructors, including over-seeing onboarding, attendance, time-sheets, etc.
- A Bachelor's degree in Business (Master’s degree preferred) or a closely related discipline (i.e. Economics, Commerce, Finance, Accounting, or Human Resources)
- Additional post-secondary education in education or teaching, (e.g. A Master’s Degree in Adult Education, a Provincial Teaching Certificate or, a Provincial Instructor's Diploma)
- Strong organization skills with the ability to supervise the discipline
- Experience instructing at the undergraduate level
- Willingness to embrace the characteristics of our strategic plan (adventurous, transformative, and integrity) and apply them to teaching
The successful applicant will possess a broad range of content knowledge, confidence and experience in the subject areas. As a team player and learner-centered instructor, experience should demonstrate excellent group facilitation, communication and interpersonal skills. Commitment to student success and awareness of the barriers the students may face is required, along with a demonstrated ability to foster a motivational learning environment for a diverse student base.
Respond in confidence by submitting a cover letter and current resume, quoting competition #18.066B to:
Northwest Community College, Human Resources Department
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or FAX: 250.638.5475
NWCC provides quality learning experiences that help prepare our students for successful, positive futures. We celebrate the diversity of our northern and First Nations populations and reflect this diversity in our programs, services and workforce. In accordance with NWCC’s strategic plan, we encourage applications from First Nations individuals.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.