Northwest Community College (NWCC), Prince Rupert campus, invites applications for an auxiliary term (full-time) Program Officer in the Summer Camp program. This appointment will commence April 1, 2018 and end August 31, 2018. A flexible schedule is necessary as some evening and weekend work may be required as well as some travel. Salary will be in accordance with the BCGEU Support Staff Scale, Level 10.
Duties: Reporting to the Director of Workforce Training & Continuing Studies, the Program Officer will promote the program in schools and communities and oversee all the summer camps in the College region.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Liaising with internal and external departments/agencies to plan and program(s) and develop a comprehensive program for school-aged children
- Acting as the first line of contact for the program
- Community outreach, advocacy and program marketing
- Organizing and over-seeing program volunteers
- Reporting, evaluation, and final camp wrap-up
- Other related duties of similar scope and nature
A minimum of a relevant college certificate required (diploma preferred) plus 2-3 years of directly related experience in program management and community outreach. Preference will be given to candidates with completed or current enrolment in a project management course. Experience and working previous NWCC Summer Camps and knowledge of Actua funding application and reporting process will be an asset.
Required skills, abilities and knowledge includes:
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of MS Office suite, e-mail and internet (experience with Colleague is an asset) with a minimum typing speed of 50 wpm
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Detail-oriented with the ability be self-directed and to manage tight deadlines despite frequent interruptions
- Tech-savvy with knowledge of educational IT resources that will be used for NWCC IT Literacy Camps (i.e.: computer coding)
- Knowledge of post-secondary education processes and/or contract training industry (asset)
- A valid Class 5 Driver’s license
- RCMP Vulnerable Persons Sector Clearance
Respond in confidence by submitting a cover letter and current resume, quoting competition #18.032B to:
Northwest Community College, Human Resources Department
Email: email@example.com or FAX: 250.638.5475
NWCC provides quality learning experiences that help prepare our students for successful, positive futures. We celebrate the diversity of our northern and First Nations populations and reflect this diversity in our programs, services and workforce. In accordance with NWCC’s strategic plan, we encourage applications from First Nations individuals.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.