Find out what it's like to be a college student.
FREE weekend event for students in grades 10, 11 & 12
Date: Saturday & Sunday, May 26-27, 2018
Location: NWCC Terrace Campus
Come experience life at NWCC by participating in workshops and activities on-campus. You will be introduced to a variety of academic and technical subjects by taking part in hour-long workshops. Gain an overview of different programs and career paths available at NWCC, including Business, Health Care, Trades and University-level studies. Student life is also part of this experience and will include interactive and social activities.
- Test Drive is FREE. This includes 1 night accommodation, all meals (lunch and dinner on May 26th and breakfast and lunch on May 27th) and entertainment. Healthy snacks will be provided, but there will also be a canteen to purchase items (such as pop, chips and chocolate bars) at an additional cost. Be sure to bring cash if you wish to purchase items from the canteen.
- Check-in will be from 11:00 am-12:00 pm on Saturday May 26, 2018. Please meet in the Waap Haawk Cafeteria Building.
- Check-out will be from 2:00-3:00 pm on Sunday May 27, 2018.
- If travelling from out of town, students will need to arrange transportation to and from Terrace.
- Students must bring their own bedding (pillows, foamy, and/or blankets or sleeping bag), towels, toiletries, and any other personal supplies needed.
- Communities sending more than 3 students are asked to send a chaperone.
- Students will have access to free wireless internet.
If you are arriving as part of a group of more than 3 students, your group will need to be accompanied by a chaperone (parent or community member). Chaperones will not be charged for meals or accommodations and are welcome to participate in all activities. Dorm rooms will be assigned to chaperones. It is a community’s responsibility to ensure chaperones meet the legal requirements including a current Criminal Record Check. Please provide us your chaperone’s name and documentation one week prior to Test Drive.
Residence buildings have a washroom with showers on each floor; a lounge with TV/DVD player and phone; a kitchen with fridge, freezer, microwave, and washer/dryer. Each room is furnished with a bed, study desk, dresser and closet. Students and chaperones will need to bring their own bedding, towels, and toiletries.
Safety & Student Conduct
Chaperones will be on campus and accessible throughout the program. Campus Security will also be on site from 9 pm to 6 am. Students will be expected to follow the rules as outlined in the Residence Handbook (NO alcohol or drugs, NO overnight visitors). Failure to abide by the rules of the Handbook will result in disciplinary action and removal from the program at the students’ expense. All events will take place on the Terrace Campus and students are not allowed to travel off campus.
For promotional purposes, NWCC regularly takes photos (and sometimes video) at events and activities on campus. Photos are also used to promote NWCC via social media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter), the NWCC website, print materials, program and event posters, and more. In order to take photos of a student under 19 years old, NWCC needs their consent and consent from their parent/guardian. Please sign the Rights & Permission Release form included in the Test Drive Application document below and submit it with your application. Each student reserves the right to refuse being photographed or filmed. Please notify us if you do not want photos/video taken of you.
SIGN UP TODAY!
Students and parents/guardians must fill out a Test Drive NWCC Application Form [PDF].
Stop by your nearest NWCC campus to drop off your form OR mail to:
Northwest Community College
Attn: Nikki Ura
5331 McConnell Avenue
Terrace, BC V8G 4X2
If you have questions about Test Drive NWCC, please contact Nikki Ura at email@example.com or 250.635.6511 ext 5420.